Le rieur Napolitain
Created by Carpeaux in 1863, the Rieur Napolitain is an adaptation of the Jeune Pêcheur à la coquille (1857) which Carpeaux created during his stay in the villa Medici in Rome. The adaptation takes the form of a bust and is without a shell. The subject was a great success and Carpeaux decided to publish the model during his lifetime.
- Title: Rieur Napolitain (1)
- Measurements: 49.5 cm (h)
- Material: Terracotta Cast
- Signature: "Jbt Carpeaux" in cursive letters on the pedestal.
- Number: 1819
- Stamp of the Carpeaux workshop, stamp with the imperial eagle